2.18.2009

Unity

Because we're having an outdoor wedding, we've decided to forego the usual Unity Candle.




Instead, we're going to be doing something safer and creating more of a keepsake for years to come. No one in David's family is familiar with it, but I've seen wedding sand used in place of the candle, so after some discussion and research, we've decided on it.

(Click the image for a cool article on it)


We just received our "sample sand" in the mail from Moonglow Candles and now I have to decide which colors I like best. For the wedding, we've decided on Chocolate Brown (a tribute to the fall) and a Pear Green (because we're such a perfect "pair") as our colors. To be honest, finding the right shade of green has been rather annoying for me. I want our wedding to look "fall-like" but I don't want it to look like Halloween or Thanksgiving. I'm only using orange as accents in the flowers and what not. But finding the right green also means making sure I don't choose "puke green" as my fiancé so lovingly calls it, or bright summer green.

Onto the sand.

The neat thing about this company is that they actually match the sand color to dresses from David's Bridal. Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to get any of the attendants' dresses at David's Bridal. Nevertheless, they had a huge assortment of colors to choose from and will sell you samples of each. Now we just have to decide which we like best.


The other thing I like about this idea is that we'll have the sand in this jar for our bookcase, mantle, etc. for years to come. It's a beautiful keepsake, and we're planning on having the glasses engraved with our names and wedding date.
I think it will be a nice touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment