2.16.2009

The Engagement


David asked me to marry him January 27th, 2009.

We had been talking about marriage for a while, I kinda knew it was coming, and he still caught me completely off-guard! That's just one of the little things I love about him.

If you want the full story, you can head over to our Wedsite. But I will briefly flaunt the ring:

He picked it out himself, and the only guidlines I gave him were as follows: I wanted a square/radiant/princess type stone, it had to be white gold, and I wanted it to look somewhat antique. I told him it was fine if it actually was antique (something I know lots of brides cringe over), and I also told him that I wasn't too concerned over the quality or size of the stone. To this day, he still knows more about diamonds than I do. I just knew I wanted a really pretty decorative band. I tried to find pictures on the internet to show him what I liked and we shopped together once.
Other than that, I flat out told him I didn't want to pick out my ring. I've had it in my head since I was little that the man I'm meant to marry will know me well enough that he will pick out the perfect ring to suit me.

And David so picked out that ring! I love him :)


From Diamonds Direct in Southpark


I have no idea how much it's worth, but to me it's absolutely priceless.
And I got the best compliment from a girlfriend at church over it. It's definitely not an antique, but she thought it looked like an heirloom! Just what I wanted to hear! :)

Now it's on to planning the wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment